1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp oregano
½ tsp cumin
1 tsp cilantro
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp chipotle or chili powder
1 lb white fish (rockfish or mahi mahi)
2 cups shredded cabbage
¼ cup green onions
2 heads Boston lettuce
Salsa or avocado for garnish – optional
- Combine dry spices in bowl.
- Clean & separate lettuce leaves. Dry by rolling in paper towel. Set aside.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Coat each piece of fish in spice mixture and add to skillet.
- Pan-fry fish about 4-5 minutes on each side or until flaky.
- Spread small amounts of cabbage in each lettuce cup.
- Break up larger pieces of fish and spoon into lettuce cups.
- Top with green onion, salsa or avocado and squeeze lime over each.
Makes 2 servings
Nutrition Facts: (without avocado)
Total Carbohydrates 2g
Dietary Fiber 1g
Print Recipe: Fish Taco Lettuce Cups