12 oz package of frozen riced cauliflower, thawed
2 chicken breast halves, cooked & chopped
8 oz chorizo sausage, cooked & crumbled
12 oz raw shrimp, tails on
1 small onion, diced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 small tomato
1 Tbls tomato paste
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp saffron threads
4 oz chicken broth
Juice from 2 lemons (about ½ cup)
- Heat oil in large covered skillet and add onion & garlic – cook until softened and golden.
- Combine broth, tomato paste, paprika, saffron and half of the lemon juice in a bowl. Stir and set aside.
- Add chorizo sausage and cook until done, crumbling with spatula as it cooks.
- Add bell pepper and tomato, cooking 5-6 minutes until pepper is softened.
- Stir in riced cauliflower, chicken and broth mixture. Increase heat and bring to a low boil. Turn down heat and allow to simmer 1-2 minutes.
- Top with shrimp and cover. Allow to simmer 8-10 minutes or until shrimp is pink and cooked through.
- Plate and sprinkle with lemon juice & parsley (if desired)
Makes 6 servings
Total Fat 15g
Total Carbohydrates 12g
Dietary Fiber 4g
Print Recipe: Riced Cauliflower Paella