1. Slice chicken breasts into thin pieces and place in bowl. Sprinkle seasoning mix over pieces and toss to coat.
2. Spread chicken over foil-lined baking pan. Top with peppers and onions and drizzle with olive oil. (Add red pepper flakes for extra heat if desired).
3. Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until browned and chicken is cooked through. Serve with low carb tortillas, salsa, cheese & sour cream.
1 lb raw shrimp, peeled & deveined
8 oz baby bell mushrooms
3 oz baby spinach
2 Tbls butter
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp dried basil
½ cup chicken broth
½ cup half & half
2 tsp arrowroot powder (or cornstarch)
Salt & pepper to taste
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1. Toss shrimp with salt & pepper, sprinkle with basil.
2. Melt 1 Tbls butter in skillet and cook shrimp over medium heat until pink, turning to cook evenly on both sides. Remove from skillet.
3. Melt remaining butter in skillet and add garlic. Saute and add chicken broth and spinach.
4. Combine half & half with arrowroot powder and pour over wilted spinach. Stir mixture until it starts to thicken.
5. Stir in parmesan cheese and cook until cheese is melted.
6. Toss in shrimp and stir to coat.
7. Sprinkle with basil and serve.
Makes 4 servings
Total Fat 13g
Total Carbohydrates 8g
Dietary Fiber 1g
Ingredients 6 eggs
10 oz pkg frozen spinach, thawed & drained
1 medium onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbls butter
½ green olives, sliced
1 tsp red pepper flakes
2 cups shredded cheddar (I use the Mexican blend)
Salt & Pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray large (9”) quiche dish with cooking spray.
Saute onions & garlic in butter until softened. Stir in spinach and cook until heated through. Remove from heat.
Add olives and pepper flakes.
Whisk eggs and stir into spinach mixture.
Stir in cheese and pour into baking dish. Sprinkle a little more cheese on top if desired.
Bake for 35-40 minutes or until eggs are set and edges turn slightly brown.
Remove and allow to cool before serving.
Makes 6 servings
Total Fat 10g
Total Carbohydrates 5g
Dietary Fiber 1.5g
4 (1 lb) chicken breast halves – shredded or chopped
1 avocado – sliced
½ red onion – thinly sliced
½ cup kalamata olives – pitted and quartered
6 oz. jar (oil packed) sun dried tomatoes – drained & sliced
1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
¼ cup pine nuts
Dressing:Greek Chicken Salad
1/3 cup olive oil
½ cup Greek yogurt – plain & 0% fat
¼ cup reduced fat mayo
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
½ tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried dill or ¼ cup fresh dill – chopped
1 Tbls white wine vinegar
Juice of 1 lemon
Combine all dressing ingredients. Whisk well and set aside.
Combine all salad ingredients in large bowl. Pour dressing over the top and toss well to combine. If preparing in advance, add avocado just prior to serving.
Makes 8 servings
Total Fat 22g
Total Carbohydrates 7g
Dietary Fiber 5g