Simple flavors that pack a punch!
4 chicken breast halves
Salt & pepper to taste
2 Tbls butter
8 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced thick
1/3 cup dry white wine (or water)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Sprinkle each chicken breast with salt & pepper.
- Heat 1 Tbls butter in cast iron (or heavy skillet) over medium-high heat. Cook until browned and turn over.
- Add mushrooms and increase heat. Stir until mushrooms start to soften.
- Place skillet in preheated oven and bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove chicken from skillet and set aside. Place skillet back on burner over medium-high heat. Juices will start to crust.
- Add wine (or water) to skillet and stir. Allow to reduce and stir in remaining butter.
- Stir to coat mushrooms.
- Plate chicken and top with mushrooms. Serve with green veggie or salad.
Makes 4 servings
Nutrition Facts: (with wine)
Total Fat 8g
Total Carbohydrates 2g
Dietary Fiber .5g
Print Recipe: Chicken and Mushroom Skillet