Cool & creamy dessert for those special occasions – like tonight!
nonstick cooking spray
¾ cup almond meal or almond flour
2 tablespoons butter, melted
3 cups strawberries, sliced
2 envelopes protein strawberry-banana gelatin
3 envelopes unflavored gelatin
2 cups cold water, divided
32 oz cream cheese, softened
1 ¼ cups sugar substitute, divided
1 teaspoon lemon juice
½ cup almond milk (soy or coconut work well too)
⅔ cup hot water
1 cup diet sprite or any sparkling water
- Spray the sides of an 8” or 9” springform pan and line bottom with parchment paper.
- Combine almond meal, ¼ cup of sugar substitute and melted butter until crumbly.
- Transfer the crumb mixture to the springform pan. Use a spatula or back of spoon to press down to form a base. Chill for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup cold water, 1 envelope of protein gelatin and 2 envelopes of unflavored gelatin. Let bloom for 3 minutes, until the water is mostly absorbed. Microwave for 20–30 seconds, or until the gelatin is melted.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, 1 cup sugar substitute and lemon juice together with an electric hand mixer until combined.
- Add the milk and melted gelatin and beat for another 1-2 minutes, until fluffy & well combined.
- Spread cheesecake mixture over the chilled crust. Chill for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1 cup cold water with the remaining 2 envelopes (1 plain & 1 flavored) of gelatin. Let the gelatin bloom for 3 minutes. Microwave 20–30 seconds, until the gelatin is melted.
- Add 1 cup sparkling water or diet soda slowly and stir to combine. Let sit for 5 minutes to cool slightly. Skim off foam and set aside.
- Arrange the sliced strawberries over the cheesecake layer in a circular pattern with the flat sides facing out. Begin with the larger slices near the outside and continue toward center until filled.
- Spoon half of the gelatin over the strawberries. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Pour the remaining gelatin over the berries. Refrigerate for several hours.
- Release the springform and remove the parchment – then slice & serve.
Print Recipe: Strawberry No-Bake Cheesecake