Are you drinking enough water? With summer on its way, your water consumption is important in preventing dehydration. Your body can lose 2 to 3 quarts of water a day so replacing that loss is critical. Here are a few tips to help you get those 64 oz of water a day.
1. Fill a designated pitcher each morning with your 64 ounces of water. Pour your individual servings directly from your pitcher through out the day. Complete your pitcher by the end of your day. This way you can see how well your keeping up or pace your self so you aren’t consuming it all at one time.
2. Have a large 8 ounce glass of water with each transitional time of your day; upon waking, as you leave the house, when you get to work, your lunch break, that afternoon meeting, as you leave work, in the car on the way home, etc. Make it part of your routine.
3. Incorporate it into your bathroom trips. Drink a large glass of water right after each of your potty breaks to replenish yourself.
4. Carry a refillable 8 or 12 ounce bottle with you at all times so you can sip from it easily throughout the day. Place the appropriate number of elastic bands on it and move them from the top of the container to the bottom as you refill your bottle.
5. Not much of a water drinker? You may want to add a flavoring to entice you: Lipton To Go (0 cal), Crystal Light (5 cal), Sugar Free Torani Syrup (0 cal), lemon or lime juice, your options are endless!