One of the biggest barriers to dieting is that food needs to be a part of our everyday life. We must eat to survive. The temptations of all the food choices surround us continually. In the shopping mall there are food courts and stand-alone kiosks that pull you to them through their smells. Even outside Home Depot and Lowes are food concessions calling your name. Attend your child’s ball game and there stands another concession stand. Drive down any major road and you are reminded numerous times of all the choices there are in eating establishments. Grocery stores packed full of choices all trying to persuade you to buy their product. What are you to do?
D I E T!
You have the power to over come this barrier by taking control of the choices you make.
- Get a good 7-8 hours of sleep.
- Start your day with 20-30gms of protein for breakfast.
- Eat on a regular schedule approximately every 3 to 4 hours.
- Avoid the food court when shopping in malls.
- Have a protein bar or two with you when traveling.
- Go shopping with a grocery list and stick to it!
- Shop the perimeter of the grocery store. Most of the carb-laden foods are down those aisles.
- Keep your thoughts positive. “I can do this!”
- Get to know your triggers so you can avoid them.
- Celebrate each time you practice your “NO”.
YOU CAN DO IT!