Do you have trouble finding time for physical activity during the work day?Here are some quick ideas for fitting in morephysical activity into your work day:
- Park your car a little further away from the office.If you ride the bus, get off a few blocks early and walk the rest of the way.
- Take the stairs whenever you can. If you have a meeting on another floor, get off the elevator a few floors early and use the stairs.
- Rather than taking a coffee or snack break, take a short walk.
- Set an alarm to go off every hour to remind you to stand up and take a quick walk.
- Start a lunchtime walking group with your co-workers.
- Hold team meetings during an outside walk when the weather is nice.
- Use the restroom that is the farthest away from your desk.
- Wear a pedometer to track how many steps you take in an average day and challenge yourself to walk 10,000 steps each day.
- Check with your Human Resource department about organizing a fitness class at your office.
- Instead of sending an email or using the phone, walk to your coworkers’ offices to deliver messages.
- Get a hands-free headset for your phone so you can get up and move around.
Check out more great tips at our full Metabolic website!