Creamy, cheesy goodness – don’t tell anyone it’s low carb!
2 packets Proti Pasta
1 tsp avocado or olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
¾ cup chicken stock
2 Tbls half and half
1 Tbls flour
3 oz reduced fat cream cheese
Salt & Pepper to taste
½ cup reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cook pasta according to directions, drain and set aside.
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Heat oil in medium pan over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan and swirl to coat bottom. Add garlic and saute until tender but do not brown. Stir in ¼ cup chicken stock and bring to boil. Cook 1 minute.
- Combine remaining chicken stock, half and half, and flour in bowl and stir with whisk until flour dissolves.
- Stir milk mixture into pan and cook until it begins to thicken. Reduce heat and stir in cream cheese and ¼ cup sharp cheddar. Stir until melted and remove from heat.
- Stir in pasta until coated. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Pour mixture into small baking dish or individual ramekins prepared with cooking spray.
- Top with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Place under broiler and turn to low. Broil for 3-4 minutes or until top is melted and slightly browned.
Makes 2 servings
Total Fat 19g
Total Carbohydrates 11g
Dietary Fiber 2g