So good, you may want to make a double batch!
16 medium white button mushrooms (1 pound)
¼ pound ground hot turkey sausage
2 ounces light cream cheese
1 green onion, thinly sliced
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
Parsley for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and spray a sheet pan with cooking spray.
- Wipe mushrooms clean with damp cloth. Carefully twist out the stem and place caps on baking sheet. Chop stems and set aside.
- Saute turkey sausage, and chopped mushroom stems to skillet over medium high heat and brown well. Remove from heat and drain.
- While still hot, combine sausage & mushroom mixture with cream cheese, green onion, salt & pepper. Stir to mix and stuff each mushroom cap with a heaping spoonful of the stuffing.
- Bake stuffed mushrooms for 15 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve hot.
Makes 4 servings
Total Fat 8g
Effective Carbohydrates 4g
Dietary Fiber 1g
From The Good Carb Chef