1 each fresh spinach, 10 oz. package
7 oz canned artichokes hearts, drained
1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
1 each medium garlic cloves
1 tbsp chopped parsley
2 tbsp bread Crumbs, garlic & herb
1 tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 lb beef, flank steak, London broil, lean, raw, choice, 0″ trim
- Combine the spinach, artichokes, cheese, garlic, parsley, breadcrumbs, and 1 teaspoon olive oil in a medium bowl.
- Pound the flank steak to 1/2-inch thickness for easier rolling.
- Place the steak in a large baking dish and sprinkle the spinach mixture over the steak, evenly covering the top. Starting with the long edge, roll up the steak and tie it tightly with twine.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and brown the steak for about 5 minutes, being sure to brown both sides.
- Place steak on a baking sheet and bake at 450 degrees F for approximately 15 minutes.
- Let rest for 3-4 minutes. Remove the twine and slice evenly.
Makes 6 servings.
Total Fat 11.2g
Total Carbohydrates 7g
Dietary Fiber 3.5g
Print recipe Artichoke and Spinach Steak Pinwheels