You can make these sweet or savory – keep an open mind!
½ cup heavy cream
¼ cup bulk sugar substitute
½ tsp vanilla extract
4 oz. light cream cheese, softened
12 large strawberries
- Wash and dry strawberries.
- With a sharp knife, slice down through the point of each berry about ¾ way to the crown. Place each berry leafy top down on a plate.
- With an electric beater, whip cream until frothy. Add sugar substitute and vanilla and whip on high until soft peaks form.
- Add softened cream cheese and whip for a few seconds. Do not overbeat or cream will break down. Place the mixture into a pastry bag.
- Slightly spread the folds of the strawberry and insert the tip of the pastry bag to pipe a dollop of cream mixture into the center. Garnish with mint leaf or orange peel.
Variation: Instead of ¼ cup sugar substitute, use 1 Tablespoon sugar substitute and add a Tablespoon fresh chopped basil with a dash of freshly cracked pepper.
Makes 12 servings
Total Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrates 2g
Dietary Fiber 0g
Print Recipe Strawberry Bites
Adapted from the Good Carb Chef