A delicious blen of sweet & savory that’s bound to become a favorite!
1 lb mahi mahi filets
1 ½ tsp paprika
1 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp ground cumin
½ tsp chili powder
¼ tsp oregano
Salt & pepper to taste
1 Tbls olive oil
1 6 oz. package cole slaw mix with carrots
¼ red pepper, sliced thin
½ cup green onions, sliced
2 Tbls lime juice + zest
1 Tbls honey
1 clove garlic, minced
2 Tbls olive oil
¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Combine spices & sugar in shallow dish and mix thoroughly.
- Coat both sides of mahi filets.
- Heat olive oil in cast iron skillet to medium-high heat.
- Add fish and allow to cook until golden on one side, then turn gently.
- Fish is done when it flakes easily. Remove from heat and plate.
- Combine slaw mix, pepper & onion together.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to mix.
- Pour over slaw mix and toss. Serve next to fish.
Makes 4 servings
Total Fat 12g
Total Carbohydrates 16g
Dietary Fiber 3g
Print Recipe: Golden Mahi Mahi with Citrus Slaw