You’ll want to serve this often – so easy to toss together and it looks like you fussed!
1 English cucumber
1 large carrot
3 Tbls lime juice
1 tsp honey
2 tsp olive oil
2 green onions, sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
¼ tsp red pepper flakes
1 handful fresh cilantro, chopped
1 Tbls peanuts, chopped small
- Mix lime juice, honey, olive oil, green onions, garlic, red pepper flakes & cilantro together in medium bowl.
- Spiralize or cut cucumber & carrots. Allow cucumber to sit on paper towel for a few minutes to absorb excess moisture.
- Add cucumber & carrot to dressing and toss. Top with chopped peanut & serve!
Note: I used a large spiralizer blade for the cucumbers and a small one for the carrots. Both cucumber and carrots could be cut in rounds or julienne strips.
Makes 2-3 servings
Total Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrates 16g
Dietary Fiber 3g
Cucumber Dill Salad
Serve up a side of zesty crunch!
2 medium cucumbers
1 cup reduced fat sour cream
2 Tbls finely diced yellow onion
2 tsp fresh chopped dill
1 Tbls cider vinegar
Salt & pepper
- Peel cucumbers. Slice off ends and discard. Slice in half lengthwise and again into half-moon slices.
- Combine sour cream, diced onion, dill and cider vinegar in large bowl. Add cucumbers and toss to coat. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Serve ice cold and garnish with fresh dill.
Makes 4 servings
Total Fat 7g
Effective Carbohydrates 7g
Dietary Fiber 1g
From The Good Carb Chef
Print Recipe: Cucumber Dill Salad