Pair shrimp kabobs with a fresh garden salad and a slice of melon!
1 lb jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
1 clove garlic
¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
3 Tbls olive oil
Salt & pepper
- Toss basil leaves, garlic, parmesan, olive oil and seasonings together in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until blended smooth.
- Combine raw shrimp with pesto and allow to marinate for an hour. (I don’t always have an hour and it still tastes great)
- Soak 4 wooden skewers in water for 20-30 minutes. Thread shrimp onto skewers and place on metal outdoor grill pan.
- Cook over medium-hot grill until shrimp turn pink. Remove from heat immediately to avoid over-cooking. 6-8 minutes should be enough.
- Garnish with fresh basil & extra shredded parmesan if desired.
Makes 4 servings
Total Fat 13g
Total Carbohydrates 1g
Dietary Fiber 0g
Print Recipe: Grilled Pesto Shrimp Kabobs