Exercise makes me HAPPY. It’s exhilarating and the benefits are numerous. Every day is a new day to sweat, challenge the heart and lungs, and see what you’re body is capable of! It’s unrealistic to believe that everyone feels the same way I do. Just the idea of working out is daunting for many. It takes desire, stepping out of your comfort zone, motivation, and discipline. What happens if you don’t possess ANY of those qualities?? You can hire a Personal Trainer!
We have exceptional trainers here at CFWLS. They are certified, knowledgeable, have many years of experience, and they understand high-risk clients. They’re here to help you reach your fitness goals.
What do you look for in a personal trainer? Personality and knowledge are key. Your trainer should have a certification and experience. You should feel comfortable and supported by your trainer. If you don’t feel a connection, choose someone you have more in common with. The two important qualifications are:
1. Personality: a leader, leads a healthy lifestyle, passionate about the job, empathetic, disciplined, professional, creative, and likeable.
2. Certification: Their credentials are from a nationally recognized, accredited organization.
There are numerous reasons for hiring a trainer. In the past, clients hired trainers for several sessions in order to design a fitness program, teach the program, and ensure the client could implement it. Then the trainer never saw the client again. These days, it’s very common for clients to hire trainers long-term. They develop a repore and need their trainer for continued support, motivation, and/or maintenance. For the past 5 years I’ve trained a client in her home. I visit just 2 or 3 times a month and bring her new exercises and make sure she’s using proper form.
Benefits of hiring a trainer:
1. Consistency and Accountability: It’s hard to blow off your workout if someone’s waiting for you.
2. Safety/Proper Form: Getting an injury could side-line your workouts altogether. Have a professional ensure good form.
3. Motivation and Effectiveness: Plateaus occur when you don’t step out of your comfort zone and challenge yourself. Trainers can help mix up your workouts to prevent plateaus and boredom.
4. Self-esteem Building: A trainer can give you non-judgmental support.
5. Maximize Workouts: Your trainer can show you how to effectively condense a 60 minute workout to 30 minutes.
6. Sports-specific Training: Are you training for a 5k? We have trainers who run and can get you ready for your race.
7. Injury Rehab: A program can be designed for you to achieve fitness benefits without exacerbating your injury.
8. Fresh Perspective on Nutrition and Fitness: Exercise physiology is not an exact science and is ever-changing, growing, and improving. Personal trainers stay current about the latest fitness trends, classes, and fads.
Before hiring a trainer, do your research. It’s a process not unlike finding the perfect doctor, hairdresser, or massage therapist. The trainer should make you feel comfortable, they should possess the appropriate knowledge, and have your best interests at heart. You can’t go wrong here at The Center For Weight Loss Success. We have the crème of the crop with our fabulous trainers. Check them out and take your fitness to the next level.