It will wow your family and friends!
1 ½ cups broccoli florets, finely chopped
1 Tbls butter
1 Tbls olive oil
2 Tbls flour
1 ¼ cup low-fat milk
1 tsp Dijon mustard
¼ tsp dried rosemary
¼ tsp salt
½ cup crumbled goat cheese
3 large eggs
2 large egg whites
¼ tsp cream of tartar
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat 4 10 oz. ramekins with cooking spray. Place on baking sheet.
2. Microwave broccoli in covered bowl for 1-2 minutes or until tender.
3. Melt butter and oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour and cook, continuing to whisk for 1 minute. Mixture should be caramel color. Add milk, mustard, rosemary, and salt. Cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
4. Remove from heat and whisk in goat cheese and 3 egg yolks until well combined. Transfer to a large bowl.
5. Beat the 5 egg whites in medium bowl at high speed, adding cream of tarter until soft peaks form. Using spatula, gently fold half of the egg whites into the milk mixture. Fold in remaining egg whites and drained broccoli. Fold just until no white streaks remain. Transfer mixture to ramekins.
6. Bake until puffed, firm to the touch, about 20 minutes. (30 minutes if using a soufflé dish). Serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings
Total Fat 17g
Total Carbohydrates 10g
Dietary Fiber 1g
Print Recipe Broccoli Cheese Souffle
Adapted from EatingWell.com