4 each boneless skinless chicken breasts
8 slices bacon (I used precooked)
1 pinch salt and pepper
1 Tbls olive oil
1 tsp minced garlic
2 Tbls red onion, chopped
4 sprigs fresh rosemary
1. Preheat oven to 400°F
2. Place chicken breasts in large bowl and cover with olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Toss all to coat.
3. Spray a baking dish lightly with cooking spray.
4. Transfer coated chicken breasts to baking dish and wrap each with 2 slices of bacon, criss-crossing them on top to make an X. Tuck ends under chicken breast.
5. Sprinkle chopped red onion evenly over chicken breasts and top each with sprig of rosemary. (I tucked it under the bacon to hold it in place.)
6. Bake for 30 minutes, until chicken is dense throughout (cut to test).
7. Arrange cooked breasts on a platter. If desired, garnish with fresh sprigs. Serve at once.
Makes 4 servings.
Total Fat 15g
Total Carbohydrates 2g
Dietary Fiber 1g
Print Recipe Chicken with Bacon and Rosemary