2 slices cured lemon*
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 pound extra large shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Soak cured lemons briefly in a bowl with cold water to remove curing brine, about 10 minutes. Dry lemons with paper towels and finely mince.
- Stir minced lemon, mayonnaise, tarragon, and lemon juice together in a bowl. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill aioli in the refrigerator until cold, at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Put shrimp in a bowl. Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle paprika and salt over the shrimp, stir to coat shrimp completely.
- Cook the shrimp on the preheated grill until they are bright pink on the outside and the meat is no longer transparent in the center, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer shrimp to a plate and serve with lemon aioli.
*cured lemons are available at Whole Foods or Williams-Sonoma and other specialty stores or make your own!
Total Fat 25.3g
Effective Carbohydrates 1.6g
Print Recipe grilled shrimp with lemon aioli