Here at CFWLS we want you to be as stress-free as possible! However, with all of life’s pressures, stress will be inevitable and unavoidable. Don’t allow the commotion and distractions of the Holidays to de-rail your new, improved eating habits and consistent exercise program. There are conceivable ways of fitting in quick meals and workouts even on the busiest of days.
Here are examples of squeezing fitness into a hectic day:
1. PEDOMETER: 10,000 steps a day equal 5 miles. Even if you’re unable to hit the gym, actively moving your body throughout the day can help you reach your goal of 10,000 steps.
2. BREAK IT UP: It’s perfectly fine to break up your workouts during the day. Get out of bed just 15 minutes early to work out. Then, exercise 15 minutes later in the day.
3. TABATA: A form of HITT (High Intensity Interval Training). Tabata is a very effective way to get a powerful workout in a condensed time. It’s 8 rounds of high intensity exercise for 20 seconds with a 10 second break. Repeat several rounds depending on your time constraints. You can choose whatever exercises you like as long as they challenge you. Use modifications if necessary. For example:
20 seconds jumping jacks/ 10 second rest 20 seconds squats /10 second rest
20 seconds push-ups / 10 second rest 20 seconds high knees/ 10 second rest
Here are examples of Quick Protein Meals when time is not your friend: (From our Nutrition Store)
1. SHAKES: Quick and easy if you’re on-the-go (29 grams Protein).
2. SOUPS: Warm yourself up with one of our microwaveable soups (23 grams Protein).
3. VEGETABLE CHILI: Hearty and delicious (15 grams Protein).
4. BEEF STROGANOF: A yummy microwaveable meal (23 grams Protein).
If you’d rather make a home-cooked meal but are strapped for time, go to Pinterest on our website for some great quick protein meals. For example, parmesan crusted broiled flounder (less than 20 minutes from start to finish). Or, crustless quiche which can be used for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, is a popular choice.
It may be necessary to take shortcuts in order to fit in all the shopping, parties, and holiday events. But you CAN do it without sabotaging your weight loss efforts. Enjoy the Holidays. Merry Christmas!