For breakfast, brunch or appetizers!
2 cups baby spinach
1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes, drained
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
¼ cup milk
Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Divide spinach, tomatoes & cheese in the muffin cups.
- Mix eggs, garlic, milk and salt & pepper in large bowl and whisk together.
- Pour mixture evenly into each cup.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
Makes 12 servings
Total Fat 5.4g
Total Carbohydrates 2.3g
Dietary Fiber .6g
Print Recipe: Tomato and Spinach Fritattas
A hearty breakfast – that makes great leftovers!
8 ounces ham, cubed
2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
10-12 green or black olives, sliced
1 ½ cup shredded cheese (I use a Mexican blend)
¼ tsp red pepper flakes
Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray large quiche dish with cooking spray.
- Dice ham and slice mushrooms & olives.
- Combine everything but ½ cup shredded cheese in a large bowl. Stir to . Add spinach mixture and stir to blend.
- Pour into prepared dish and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven until eggs have set, about 30-40 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Note: I often add spinach or sweet peppers to this – it won’t change the nutritional values much and it adds color & flavor!
Makes 6 servings
Total Fat 17g
Total Carbohydrates 3g
Dietary Fiber .7g
Print Recipe: crustless ham and cheese quiche