Slow cookers work magic on this flavor packed dish!
3-4 (1 lb) chicken breast halves
1 jalapeno pepper, diced
1 jar (16 oz) salsa verde
Salt & pepper to taste
1 tsp cilantro
1 tsp cumin
1 cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
1 package frozen riced cauliflower
- Place chicken breast in the bottom of slow cooker. Sprinkle cilantro & cumin over chicken breasts. Pour salsa over top and sprinkle with diced jalapeno. Add salt & pepper if desired.
- Set slow cooker to low and allow to cook for approximately 6 hours. Shred chicken breasts and stir in yogurt or sour cream. Cover for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve over bed of riced cauliflower along with your favorite green veggie!
Makes 4 servings
Total Fat 3.5g
Total Carbohydrates 9g
Dietary Fiber 2g
Print Recipe: creamy salsa verde chicken
A perfect meatless entrée for your busy nights!
1 tsp olive oil
2 packets of protein orzo
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 lg shallot or 3 green onions, sliced
2 cups chicken broth
½ cup milk
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp fresh ground pepper
¾ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
2 cups fresh baby spinach
- Heat oil in skillet and add orzo (uncooked). Stir until slightly browned.
- Add garlic and shallots and cook until softened.
- Add ½ cup chicken broth until absorbed, then add another ½ cup of broth. Continue until all the broth is absorbed.
- Add ½ cup milk and cook until almost absorbed.
- Toss in the spinach, salt & pepper. Stir until wilted.
- Add ½ cup Parmesan and allow to start to melt.
- Divide into bowls and top with remaining cheese.
Makes 2 servings
Total Fat 10g
Total Carbohydrates 13g
Dietary Fiber 3g
Print Recipe: parmesan garlic protein orzo