Using riced cauliflower in your favorite soup recipes brings down the carbs while maintaining the balance of textures!
4 cups chicken broth
2 large chicken breast halves, cooked and diced
1 small onion, diced
1 cup chopped or shredded carrots
4 stalks celery, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbls dried tarragon
1 tsp dried basil
½ tsp fresh ground pepper
1 package frozen riced cauliflower
1. Cook your chicken breasts in the broth until done. Remove from broth and dice.
2. Return chicken to pot and add everything else but the riced cauliflower.
3. Simmer until carrots are tender and add frozen riced cauliflower. (do not cook first)
4. Simmer until tender & serve!
Makes 6 servings
Total Fat 4.6g
Total Carbohydrates 9.7g
Dietary Fiber 3.4g
Every bit of the flavor & textures without the carbs!
1 lb Italian turkey sausage (I used spicy)
1 medium onion, diced
1 rib celery, sliced
1 small green pepper, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
16 oz package frozen cauliflower florets (or 1 lb head fresh)
6 cups chicken broth
6 cups kale, torn into bite-sized bits
½ cup half & half
Salt & pepper
1. Brown ground meat and add onions, celery, garlic & peppers. Saute until veggies are softened.
2. Add cauliflower & chicken broth and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
3. Add kale and cook until tender.
4. Stir in half & half.
5. Serve hot!
Makes 4-6 servings
Nutrition Facts: (for 6 servings)
Total Fat 5.5g
Total Carbohydrates 16g
Dietary Fiber 3g