Pair it with fresh veggies or a colorful salad! (adjust the portion to control the calories & fat)
2 New York strip steaks (4-5 oz)
2 Tbls red wine vinegar
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp dried rosemary
1 tsp oregano
Salt & pepper to taste
2 Tbls olive oil
2 Tbls butter
1 Tbls fresh chives
1 clove garlic, minced
¼ tsp fresh ground pepper
- Mix vinegar through olive oil together in large resealable bag. Add steaks and allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes in refrigerator. Allow to come to room temperature prior to grilling.
- Mix butter, chives, garlic & pepper. Set aside.
- Grill steaks over medium heat to desired doneness. Allow meat to rest 5-10 minutes before slicing. Top with herbed butter and serve with green veggies or a side salad.
Makes 2 servings
Nutrition Facts: (for 4-ounce steak with 1 Tbls butter)
Total Fat 31g
Total Carbohydrates 2g
Dietary Fiber 1g
Print Recipe: New York Strip Steak with Herbed Butter
Recipe for Cucumber Noodle Salad
1 each fresh spinach, 10 oz. package
7 oz canned artichokes hearts, drained
1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
1 each medium garlic cloves
1 tbsp chopped parsley
2 tbsp bread Crumbs, garlic & herb
1 tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 lb beef, flank steak, London broil, lean, raw, choice, 0″ trim
- Combine the spinach, artichokes, cheese, garlic, parsley, breadcrumbs, and 1 teaspoon olive oil in a medium bowl.
- Pound the flank steak to 1/2-inch thickness for easier rolling.
- Place the steak in a large baking dish and sprinkle the spinach mixture over the steak, evenly covering the top. Starting with the long edge, roll up the steak and tie it tightly with twine.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and brown the steak for about 5 minutes, being sure to brown both sides.
- Place steak on a baking sheet and bake at 450 degrees F for approximately 15 minutes.
- Let rest for 3-4 minutes. Remove the twine and slice evenly.
Makes 6 servings.
Total Fat 11.2g
Total Carbohydrates 7g
Dietary Fiber 3.5g
Print recipe Artichoke and Spinach Steak Pinwheels