Not your typical fruit salad! Pairs great with anything off the grill – I served it with shrimp kabobs brushed with olive oil & red pepper flakes!
1 small avocado, sliced
5 or 6 strawberries, sliced
¼ cup slivered almonds, toasted
¼ tsp butter
1 tsp. honey
1 tsp. olive oil
1 tsp. lemon juice
- Toast almonds over medium heat in skillet with ¼ tsp. butter. Set aside to cool.
- Slice avocado & strawberries into small bowl.
- Mix together dressing ingredients and pour over fruit.
- Stir and top with almonds.
Makes 4 servings
Total Fat 14g
Total Carbohydrates 8g
Dietary Fiber 4.5g
Print Recipe Avocado Strawberry Almond Salad
You can take these sweet or savory – keep an open mind!
Fresh and delicious!
½ cup heavy cream
¼ cup bulk sugar substitute
½ tsp vanilla extract
4 oz. light cream cheese, softened
12 large strawberries
- Wash and dry strawberries.
- With a sharp knife, slice down through the point of each berry about ¾ way to the crown. Place each berry leafy top down on a plate.
- With an electric beater, whip cream until frothy. Add sugar substitute and vanilla and whip on high until soft peaks form.
- Add softened cream cheese and whip for a few seconds. Do not overbeat or cream will break down. Place the mixture into a pastry bag.
- Slightly spread the folds of the strawberry and insert the tip of the pastry bag to pipe a dollop of cream mixture into the center. Garnish with mint leaf or orange peel.
Variation: Instead of ¼ cup sugar substitute, use 1 Tablespoon sugar substitute and add a Tablespoon fresh chopped basil with a dash of freshly cracked pepper.
Makes 12 servings
Total Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrates 2g
Dietary Fiber 0g
Print Recipe Strawberry Bites
Adapted from the Good Carb Chef