A new twist on a traditional side dish!
4 cups of tender green beans, cut into 1” pieces
½ cup crisp bacon, chopped (about 4 slices)
1 Tbls mayonnaise
1 Tbls plain greek yogurt
1 Tbls lime or grapefruit juice
1 Tbls fresh dill
2 green onions, sliced thin – including tops
½ cup chopped walnuts, toasted
Salt & pepper to taste
- Slice beans and blanche in boiling water 2 minutes, remove and chill in ice water.
- Cook bacon until crisp, remove from pan and allow to cool. Chop into small pieces.
- Mix together mayo, yogurt, juice, dill and onions. Allow flavors to meld.
- Stir half of bacon into sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toast chopped walnuts over medium heat in same pan used to cook bacon. Remove from pan and allow to cool.
- Stir beans into sauce and add toasted walnuts. Top with remaining bacon and serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings
Total Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrates 9g
Dietary Fiber 5g
Print Recipe Green Bean and Bacon Slaw
Adapted from Ryan Scott