This tasty little low carb muffin will have you fooled – it’s low cal too!
1 large sweet lemon (zest & sections)
1 cup finely ground almond flour
½ tsp baking powder
4 Tbls sugar substitute for baking
½ tsp vanilla
Pinch of salt
1 packet of Tangy Lemon pudding & shake mix (optional)
- Preheat an oven to 350F.
- Spray non-stick mini muffin tin or line each with paper/foil cups.
- Remove zest from lemon and set aside. Peel lemon and separate sections. Remove any seeds from the sections.
- Put lemon sections in food processor bowl and pulse for several seconds until pureed.
- Prepare pudding according to directions if using the protein pudding.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Stir in lemon zest.
- Spoon batter into each cup.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Makes 24 mini muffins
Nutrition Facts: (per muffin) *values with pudding mix
Calories 35 *40
Total Fat 3g *3g
Total Carbohydrates 1.5g *2g
Dietary Fiber .5g *.6g
Protein 2g *2.4g
Print Recipe: Lemon Mini Muffins
Adapted from DitchTheCarbs.com