Ingredients| 1 Tbls olive oil
1 Tbls butter
2 limes, sliced thin
4 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
1 tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp red pepper flakes (if desired)
½ cup white wine
2 lb large shrimp (peeled & deveined with tails)
1 Tbls Fresh ground pepper
½ Tbls Sea salt
½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Package of riced cauliflower – cooked
Heat oil over medium to high heat and allow to coat the bottom of the cast iron skillet.
Add butter and heat until it bubbles.
Add lime slices and garlic. Cook for 30-45 seconds.
Add paprika, salt, peppers & wine and allow to simmer for 2-3 minutes to reduce by half.
Add the shrimp and stir often allowing it to cook until pink. Remove from skillet and plate.
Serve with riced cauliflower and sprinkle with more cilantro if desired.
Makes 4 servings
Nutrition Facts: (not including cauliflower)
Total Fat 8g
Total Carbohydrates 2.5g
Dietary Fiber 0g
¾ cup coconut flour
¼ cup almond flour
1 and ¼ cup Splenda sugar substitute
¼ tsp sea salt
¼ cup coconut oil, room temperature
½ cup lime juice
2 Tbls lime zest
¼ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray 8×8 or 7×9 baking dish lightly with cooking spray.
3. Line with parchment paper, leaving ends to hang over the edge on 2 sides.
4. Whisk coconut and almond flours together. Add salt and ¼ sugar substitute and stir to blend.
5. Cut in coconut oil until well blended. Press into bottom of baking dish. Press down with back of spoon to smooth.
6. Bake for 10 minutes.
7. Beat together eggs, lime juice, 1 Tbls lime zest and remaining 1 cup sugar substitute.
8. Pour gently over crust and sprinkle top with coconut flakes.
9. Sprinkle with remaining lime zest and bake for 12-15 minutes or until center is set.
10. Allow to cool for 10 minutes. Run spatula around edge of dish and lift parchment gently to remove bars from baking dish and place onto cutting board.
11. Slice into bars and enjoy!
12. Keep refrigerated.
Makes 16 servings.
Total Fat 7.2g
Total Carbohydrates 5.7g
Dietary Fiber 2.5g