A perfect meatless entrée for your busy nights!
1 tsp olive oil
2 packets of protein orzo
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 lg shallot or 3 green onions, sliced
2 cups chicken broth
½ cup milk
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp fresh ground pepper
¾ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
2 cups fresh baby spinach
- Heat oil in skillet and add orzo (uncooked). Stir until slightly browned.
- Add garlic and shallots and cook until softened.
- Add ½ cup chicken broth until absorbed, then add another ½ cup of broth. Continue until all the broth is absorbed.
- Add ½ cup milk and cook until almost absorbed.
- Toss in the spinach, salt & pepper. Stir until wilted.
- Add ½ cup Parmesan and allow to start to melt.
- Divide into bowls and top with remaining cheese.
Makes 2 servings
Total Fat 10g
Total Carbohydrates 13g
Dietary Fiber 3g
Print Recipe: parmesan garlic protein orzo
Moist & delicious and ready in minutes!
Parmesan Crusted Broiled Flounder
¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
2-3 Tbls. mayo
2 tsp. lemon juice
¼ tsp. basil
¼ tsp. pepper
1/8 tsp. onion powder
1/8 tsp. celery salt
½ lb. flounder fillets
- Spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Preheat broiler to low setting.
- Rinse fillets and pat dry.
- Place fillets on baking sheet.
- Mix remaining ingredients in small bowl.
- Place baking sheet on top rack under broiler and watch closely.
- Broil fillets for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and turn fillets.
- Top each fillet with equal parts of cheese mixture.
- Place back under broiler and allow cheese mixture to bubble and brown. Approx 2-3 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Makes 2 servings (recipe is easily multiplied)
Total Carbohydrates 2g
Dietary Fiber 0g
Print Recipe – Parmesan Crusted Broiled Flounder