3 Limes (juice and zest) Divided
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
3 Tbls Dijon Mustard
3 Tbls Worcestershire Sauce
3 Tbls Soy Sauce
6 Green Onions, sliced
4 Cloves Garlic, minced
2 Tbls Fresh Basil, chopped
Salt and Pepper to taste
4 Chicken Breasts, sliced into cubes
1. Combine the zest and juice of 2 limes, Olive Oil, Mustard, Worcestershire, Soy, 3 onions, 2 garlic
cloves salt and pepper and mix well.
2. Cut chicken into even cubes and place in a gallon sized baggie.
3. Pour marinade over the chicken and marinate for 1 hour. Thread onto 8 presoaked skewers.
4. Preheat grill.
5. Place chicken on grill and grill for 7 minutes.
6. Then flip and cook until internal temp reaches 170.
7. Remove from grill and let meat rest.
8. Meanwhile combine juice and zest of one lime with extra virgin olive oil, 3 chopped onions, 2
minced garlic cloves, basil.
9. Plate chicken kabobs & cover with sauce if desired.
Ingredients 6 eggs
10 oz pkg frozen spinach, thawed & drained
1 medium onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbls butter
½ green olives, sliced
1 tsp red pepper flakes
2 cups shredded cheddar (I use the Mexican blend)
Salt & Pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray large (9”) quiche dish with cooking spray.
Saute onions & garlic in butter until softened. Stir in spinach and cook until heated through. Remove from heat.
Add olives and pepper flakes.
Whisk eggs and stir into spinach mixture.
Stir in cheese and pour into baking dish. Sprinkle a little more cheese on top if desired.
Bake for 35-40 minutes or until eggs are set and edges turn slightly brown.
Remove and allow to cool before serving.
Makes 6 servings
Total Fat 10g
Total Carbohydrates 5g
Dietary Fiber 1.5g
Ingredients 1 lb ground beef or turkey – your choice!
1 packet of taco seasoning
1 can Rotel tomatoes ( I like the cilantro one)
1 pkg cole slaw mix
1 4 oz. can sliced black olives
1 4 oz. can diced jalapenos – optional 1 avocado
3 green onions – sliced
Shredded cheese & sour cream for topping
Brown ground meat and stir in seasoning packet.
Add tomatoes, olives & jalapenos.
Stir in cole slaw mix and onions (save a bit for garnish).
Serve with diced avocado, shredded cheese & sour cream. Sprinkle with remaining green onion.
Makes 6 servings
Nutrition Facts: (does not include sour cream & cheese – add accordingly)
Total Fat 17g
Total Carbohydrates 10g
Dietary Fiber 4g
Note: You can control the heat on this one! Using salsa in place of the can of Rotel won’t change the nutritional data too much.