4 small chicken breast halves (3-4 oz ea)
4 slices bacon, cooked crisp & chopped
1 packet Ranch dressing mix
4 oz. light cream cheese
½ cup shredded cheddar
1 large spaghetti squash
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
3. Prick skin of spaghetti squash several times and microwave on high for 5-6 minutes.
4. Slice (crossways) squash into 1” rings and scoop away seeds & center pulp.
5. Bake squash for 30-40 minutes or until flesh pulls into strands easily.
6. Place chicken in separate dish and bake for 25-30 minutes or until done.
7. Mix together cream cheese & dressing mix.
8. Remove squash from oven and separate strands from outer shell. Spoon into bowl with cream cheese mixture and toss until coated.
9. Plate squash mixture and top with chicken breast.
10. Garnish with bacon & shredded cheddar. Enjoy!
Makes 4 servings
Total Fat 22g
Total Carbohydrates 11.5g
Dietary Fiber 4g
Ingredients 12 oz package of frozen riced cauliflower, thawed
2 chicken breast halves, cooked & chopped
8 oz chorizo sausage, cooked & crumbled
12 oz raw shrimp, tails on
1 small onion, diced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 small tomato
1 Tbls tomato paste
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp saffron threads
4 oz chicken broth
Juice from 2 lemons (about ½ cup)
Heat oil in large covered skillet and add onion & garlic – cook until softened and golden.
Combine broth, tomato paste, paprika, saffron and half of the lemon juice in a bowl. Stir and set aside.
Add chorizo sausage and cook until done, crumbling with spatula as it cooks.
Add bell pepper and tomato, cooking 5-6 minutes until pepper is softened.
Stir in riced cauliflower, chicken and broth mixture. Increase heat and bring to a low boil. Turn down heat and allow to simmer 1-2 minutes.
Top with shrimp and cover. Allow to simmer 8-10 minutes or until shrimp is pink and cooked through.
Plate and sprinkle with lemon juice & parsley (if desired)
Makes 6 servings
Total Fat 15g
Total Carbohydrates 12g
Dietary Fiber 4g