1 lb raw shrimp, peeled & deveined
8 oz baby bell mushrooms
3 oz baby spinach
2 Tbls butter
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp dried basil
½ cup chicken broth
½ cup half & half
2 tsp arrowroot powder (or cornstarch)
Salt & pepper to taste
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1. Toss shrimp with salt & pepper, sprinkle with basil.
2. Melt 1 Tbls butter in skillet and cook shrimp over medium heat until pink, turning to cook evenly on both sides. Remove from skillet.
3. Melt remaining butter in skillet and add garlic. Saute and add chicken broth and spinach.
4. Combine half & half with arrowroot powder and pour over wilted spinach. Stir mixture until it starts to thicken.
5. Stir in parmesan cheese and cook until cheese is melted.
6. Toss in shrimp and stir to coat.
7. Sprinkle with basil and serve.
Makes 4 servings
Total Fat 13g
Total Carbohydrates 8g
Dietary Fiber 1g
Ingredients| 1 Tbls olive oil
1 Tbls butter
2 limes, sliced thin
4 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
1 tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp red pepper flakes (if desired)
½ cup white wine
2 lb large shrimp (peeled & deveined with tails)
1 Tbls Fresh ground pepper
½ Tbls Sea salt
½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Package of riced cauliflower – cooked
Heat oil over medium to high heat and allow to coat the bottom of the cast iron skillet.
Add butter and heat until it bubbles.
Add lime slices and garlic. Cook for 30-45 seconds.
Add paprika, salt, peppers & wine and allow to simmer for 2-3 minutes to reduce by half.
Add the shrimp and stir often allowing it to cook until pink. Remove from skillet and plate.
Serve with riced cauliflower and sprinkle with more cilantro if desired.
Makes 4 servings
Nutrition Facts: (not including cauliflower)
Total Fat 8g
Total Carbohydrates 2.5g
Dietary Fiber 0g
2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
wooden or metal skewers
1. Mix together the garlic, chipotle peppers, lemon juice, olive oil, paprika, cilantro, kosher salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, and cayenne pepper in a bowl. Stir in the shrimp, and mix well to thoroughly coat. Marinate for 30 minutes in refrigerator.
2. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
3. Remove the shrimp from the marinade, and discard excess marinade. Thread about 5 shrimp per skewer, and grill on the preheated grill until the shrimp turn pink and opaque in the center, about 2 minutes per side.
In a small bowl, crush the garlic with the salt. Mix in cayenne pepper and paprika, and then stir in olive oil and lemon juice to form a paste. In a large bowl, toss shrimp with garlic paste until evenly coated.
Lightly oil grill grate. Cook shrimp for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until opaque. Transfer to a serving dish, garnish with lemon wedges, and serve.